Disclosure: Wiccan Gathering is reader-supported, so posts may contain affiliate links. When you click on affiliate links on our site, we may earn a small commission, at zero cost to you. If you enjoyed our content and want to pay it forward (even if you don’t intend to buy anything) please click on any of our product links. Blessed be!
As Wiccans who want to live in harmony with nature, we often need to bring our bodies, minds, and spirit together in alignment. Wiccan spells for health nurture this relationship and allow us to create wellness for ourselves. Whether you want to cast healing spells for others or to heal yourself, we’ll go over 10 individual spells. These spells are great on their own, but are especially powerful when coupled with your doctor’s care and other healing modalities.
Here are the 10 spells we’ll learn how to cast for better health:
- Healing Moon Water
- Crystal Energy Wellness
- Overall Calming Jar
- Reiki-Inspired Crystal Healing
- Cardinal Directions and Elemental Healing
- Healing Salve
- Paws of a Cat
- Healing Visualization
- Amplified Healing Spell
- Pineapple Potion
We’ll dive deep into each of these spells, teaching you exactly what you need to cast them and what steps to take. However, with any healing spell, remember that it’s not a replacement for medical care — but these Wiccan spells for health may be used in tandem with professional advice. See our disclaimers for further information.
There has been an interesting recent development in the area of healing spells. Wiccans of course know the power of healing magick and spells for health. But the rest of the world is catching on! The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine conducted a randomized controlled trial to determine whether magick could heal. Out of the 44 patients in the trial, 26 experienced improved health and quality of life — that’s over 50 percent of participants!
So now there’s scientific evidence that we should never doubt the healing power of Wiccan spells for health!
1. Healing Moon Water
When you, a friend, or a loved one is ill, you can put together this healing moon water and apply it around their home, on their bed, give it to them to wash themselves, or even use it to wipe down doors, windows, or bed linens.
You’ll want to create the moon water on the night of a Full Moon to capture the moon’s energy at its peak. If you’re unable to energize the water during a Full Moon, do it on a night when the moon is in the waxing phase.
Here’s what you’ll need to create the Healing Moon Water:
- 1-quart jar with a lid
- 1-quart of rainwater
- 3 or more healing crystals (i.e., carnelian, moonstone, selenite, amethyst, agate, jasper, clear quartz, hematite)
On the night of the Full or waxing moon and beneath the moonlight, perform the following steps:
- Fill the jar with one quart of rainwater. If rainwater isn’t available, you may use tap water, but add a tablespoon of sea salt to purify the water.
- Add your three or more crystals to the water. Be careful not to drop them in, as you may break the glass. Carefully lower them inside, or allow them to slide down the side of the jar.
- Stand and hold the jar up towards the moon. As you hold the jar to the moon, say the following, “To the Moon, I ask for your healing power. I call to you and request that [NAME] be healed of all afflictions. Comfort [HIM/HER/THEM], bless [HIM/HER/THEM], and make [HIM/HER/THEM] well again. With light and love, I send this healing magick to [NAME]. I thank you for your healing assistance, Dear Moon.”
- Place the jar under the moonlight. Keep the lid off and leave it outdoors until dawn.
- Bring the jar indoors at dawn. Remove the stones from the jar and set aside. Put the lid back on the jar and then shake it up.
- Sprinkle the water around the room of the home of the sufferer. You may repeat this Wiccan spell for health as often as needed and to replenish your healing moon water.
2. Crystal Energy Wellness
For this crystal energy wellness spell, you can use whichever healing crystals that you’d like or have on hand. There are multiple crystals that provide healing energy, including but not limited to:
- Clear Quartz
- Shiva Lingam
- Tiger’s Eye
To cast this Wiccan spell for health, you’ll need:
- A green candle (for balanced healing)
- 3 or more healing crystals (cleansed and charged)
- A small white or burlap drawstring bag
Here’s how to perform the Crystal Energy Wellness spell:
- Carve the name of the afflicted into the candle. Light the candle.
- Place the three or more stones into the palm of your hand. Cover the stones with your other palm.
- Feel the energy of the stones in your hand. You may feel tingling, vibrations, or even warmth. Envision the healing energies of these stones moving throughout your body.
- Imagine the sufferer encapsulated in a bright, white, healing light. The light protects them from all ailments, anxiety, and accidents.
- Say this incantation: “[NAME] is healthy. [NAME] is happy. [NAME] is whole. I charge these crystals with the healing power of love and light. So mote it be.”
- Repeat the phrase until you feel the energy of the stones resonating throughout your body. As soon as you feel this peak in energy, place the stones in a pouch.
Take the stones to the afflicted person. Tell them to keep the stones nearby.
3. Overall Calming Jar
This Wiccan spell for health is ideal for those suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, or general nervousness. As mentioned at the beginning of this article, never use spells as a substitute for medical care — only use them alongside professional medical attention. See our disclaimers for more information.
Before casting the Overall Calming Jar spell, you’ll need a healing oil. If you do not have a healing oil, you may make one quickly using the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon crushed chamomile
- 1 teaspoon crushed apple blossom
- 1 teaspoon crushed lemon balm
- 4 ounces (118 mL) jojoba oil (you may also use hempseed, grapeseed, extra virgin olive oil, or fractionated coconut oil)
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops eucalyptus essential oil
Create the oil using these steps:
- Place all of the herbs into a small saucepan.
- Pour the carrier oil over the herbs.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Allow the oil and herbs to warm for about an hour.
- Strain the oil with cheesecloth, squeezing the cloth to get every bit of oil.
- Pour the oil into a jar with a lid.
- Add the essential oils.
- Put the lid on and shake well.
- Say (while shaking the jar) this incantation: “Health, wellness, and calm, I request! May this oil offer calm and be blessed!”
- Repeat the phrase until you feel the oils vibrating with healing energy.
- Store the oil in a dark area when not in use.
Now that you have a healing oil, you can create the Overall Calming Jar. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A white tealight candle
- Small, 8 ounce (236.5mL) jar with a lid
- 3 dried healing herbs (i.e., lavender, lemon balm, apple blossom, comfrey, yarrow, etc.)
- 3 drops of healing oil
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 2 or more healing stones, cleansed and charged (see spell number two for a list)
Here’s how to create the Overall Calming Jar and cast the spell for wellness:
- Light the white candle. As the candle burns, add the 3 herbs (in equal amounts) to the jar.
- Add the healing oil to the jar. Add the salt immediately after.
- Put on the lid and shake the jar. As you shake the jar, say the following: “[NAME] is filled with love, light, and happiness. Positive energies flow within [HIM/HER/THEM]. [HE/SHE/THEY] is calm, focused, and full of tranquil energy. [NAME] is serene, secure, and peaceful. So mote it be!”
- Place both hands on the jar and hold it in front of your heart. Take deep breaths, focusing on “infusing” the jar with your healing energy as you breathe. Remain calm, peaceful, and serene. Once those feelings have intensified, place the jar on your altar.
- Put the healing stones on top of the jar. Imagine your healing energy going into the stones and down into the jar.
- Sit with the jar, meditating on calm, peaceful energy until the candle burns out. If you’re unable to sit with the candle until it burns out on its own, put it out by dipping your fingers into water and pinching it out. Relight it whenever you get the chance, repeating the spell until the candle finally burns out on its own. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
After you’ve finished charging the jar, take it to the afflicted person. Instruct them to hold the jar with two hands whenever they feel anxious, frightened, or nervous.
4. Reiki-Inspired Crystal Healing
You may perform this spell anytime or anywhere.
If someone you know is feeling ill, you may cast this spell in combination with medical care. To start, gather everything that you need, including:
- Blue or white candle
- Crystals (amber, bloodstone, clear quartz)
- God and Goddess statues
- Healing moon water (from spell #1 on this list)
While you’re with the afflicted person, perform these steps:
- Light the candle next to the sufferer. Ensure that they’re comfortable.
- Place statues of the God and Goddess next to the person. This allows you to better connect with the Divine during your spell for health.
- Hold the crystals on the part of the body that causes pain or suffering. For example, if they’re nauseated, place a stone on their stomach. If the throat is sore, place a stone on the neck, and so on.
- Say the following words (while holding the stone on the affected part(s) of the body): “Goddess, God, Lord and Lady, I request your assistance with healing [NAME]. You’ve guided me. You’ve been everywhere — within my core, within the Universe. You are light. You are love. With a grateful heart and a mind that reveres, I offer my devotion. I thank you for your healing, for your blessings, for your power.”
- Apply the healing moon water to the affected areas. Rub in a clockwise motion.
Allow the candle to burn out on its own. Place the healing crystals into a small pouch and allow the afflicted to keep them nearby. Again, never leave a burning candle unattended.
5. Cardinal Directions and Elemental Healing
In Wicca, the four elements (Earth, Air, Fire, and Water) and their directions are associated with watchtowers — but these “watchtowers” are not considered physical castle-like towers. They’re believed in as beings or guardians. Many Wiccans call upon the elemental beings for protection during circle casting, and you may also invoke the Elementals for healing as well.
To do so, here’s what you’ll need:
- White candle
- Loose incense blend (equal parts apple blossom, lemon balm, sandalwood, and yarrow)
- Charcoal disc
- Fireproof incense burner (preferably ceramic)
- Create your sacred space by casting a circle. If this is not part of your normal spellcasting rituals, you may begin as you normally would.
- Reach toward the sky and say: “God and Goddess, Lord and Lady, I reach out to you for your help in assisting [NAME] who is afflicted with [AILMENT]. [HE/SHE/THEY] need(s) your healing energy cast upon them for strength, wellness, and protection from illness. Protect [NAME] with your healing power. Guard their body and soul with your Divine strength.”
- Place the charcoal disc into the ceramic incense holder. Light it.
- Sprinkle the incense blend on top of the disc. Watch intently as the smoke rises and visualize the illness inside of the smoke.
- Watch the smoke dissipate. Say: “Lord and Lady, God and Goddess, remove [NAME’S] illness! Carry it off so that it may never return!”
Next, you will invoke the Elementals to further assist with healing:
- Face the North (Earth). Say, with conviction, “I call upon the Watchtowers of the North — I bury this illness in the Earth, and replace it with courage and strength!”
- Turn to face the East (Air). Speak the words, “I call upon the Watchtowers of the East, I cast this illness to the wind and request that it be replaced with health and vitality!”
- Face the South (Fire) and say, “I call upon the Watchtowers of the South, the illness dissipates as smoke from a fire, to be replaced with vigor!”
- Turn towards the West (Water). Speak, “I call upon the Watchtowers of the West, I send this illness to the rivers to be washed away and replaced with life!”
- Raise your hands towards the sky. Say, “Carry the illness away from [NAME] and scatter it abound, allowing it to dissipate, so that it will be no more! So mote it be!”
- Close your eyes and feel the energies that surround you. Imagine the illness floating away from the afflicted body — it’s carried away within a dark cloud, being blown away by the wind, broken into pieces that eventually disappear. Behind it is your loved one, happy, healthy, and whole.
- Shout, with conviction, “Hail to you, Goddess and God and the Elementals! I thank you for your blessings! Let your love, light, and healing power surround [NAME]! Support [HIM/HER/THEM]! Make [HIM/HER/THEM] strong!
- Light the candle. Next, you’ll speak to your friend in the healing spell. Say, “[NAME], I cast this spell in your honor. I request that the God, Goddess, and Elementals watch over you, protecting you with their light of love, health, and tranquility! Be embraced by this healing energy!”
- Imagine your friend smiling and feeling happy, healthy, and full. Before ending the spell, thank the God, Goddess, and Elementals for their help.
- Allow the candle to burn out on your altar. However, never leave a burning candle unattended.
6. Healing Salve
If you or someone you know is experiencing pain or weakness in certain areas of the body, you may try this healing salve on them — in combination with regular medical care. Always check with a doctor before trying any topical solution, herbal supplement, or medication. See our disclaimers for more information.
To create this salve, you’ll need:
- 10 Ounce (296 mL) glass jar with lid
- 1 Cup (237 mL) carrier oil (jojoba, hempseed, olive oil, fractionated coconut oil, etc.)
- 1 Tbsp each of fresh herbs (chamomile, mugwort, lamb’s cress, nettle, apple blossom, thyme, fennel)
- ¼ Cup (59 mL) melted beeswax
To create the salve, first you’ll need to infuse the oils with the herbs.
- Place the fresh herbs into a glass jar. Be sure to remove any sticks and stems.
- Cover the herbs with about a cup of oil, leaving about an inch of space on top. You may push the herbs down with a spoon if needed.
- Put the lid on the jar. Ensure that it’s tight.
- Place the jar in the sun for three to four weeks. If it rains or is cold, bring it indoors and place it on a warm windowsill.
- Turn the jar upside down every day. This ensures that the infused herbs blend well with the oil.
- Strain the oil after at least three weeks using cheesecloth. Squeeze the cheesecloth to get all of the oil out and then compost the remaining herbs.
- Repeat this process three times for a stronger infusion. Alternatively, you may use the current infused oil as is.
After you’ve created your infusion, you can make the salve. Simply combine the cup (237 mL) of oil with about ¼ cup (59 mL) of melted beeswax. Pour it into sterilized individual containers (with lids) and allow it to cool.
To use the salve in a healing spell:
- Anoint the salve container with three drops of healing oil. See spell #3 for instructions on how to make a healing oil.
- Wash your hands. Dip a clean finger into the salve.
- Apply it to the affected area. Rub in a clockwise motion.
- Continue rubbing. While doing so, say the following: “God and Goddess, I ask of you to bring relief to [NAME] using this blessed salve.”
- Repeat the phrase until the afflicted person feels some relief. You may use the salve up to three times per day.
7. Paws of a Cat
The Highland Witches of Scotland were known as “Wise Women.” These women often had a variety of remedies for different ailments, from colds and flu, to being “struck” by the “evil eye.” They would use divination methods to determine what was causing the affliction and then act accordingly.
One of the remedies used often called for the paws of a cat dipped in water to “hunt” whatever it was that was causing pain or illness. Over time, a spell was born.
Please do not use a stray cat or a cat that is averse to water for this spell. Never force a cat or any animal to stick its paws in water. If you do not have a cat to perform this spell, you may use a picture of a cat or even a piece of cat hair.
To perform this spell to get rid of and ward off sickness, you’ll need:
- Rainwater or moon water (for moon water, see spell #1)
- Cat, cat photograph, or cat hair
- Red thread
Here are the steps for performing the spell:
- Pour the rainwater or moon water into a small glass bowl. Over the bowl of water, say, “God and Goddess, Lord and Lady, I ask you to bless this water with healing energy — allow this spell to bring about health and wellness to [NAME]. Bless [HIM/HER/THEM] with love, light, and overall vitality.”
- Stare into the water, imagining your friend. See them in their current state.
- Dip a cat’s paws into the water. If you do not have a cat that likes water, dip a photograph of a cat or drop cat hair into the water. This is symbolic of telling the cat to “hunt down” the illness and eliminate it.
- Say the following: “The energy of the cat hunts down the malady to remove it from [NAME]. [HE/SHE/THEM] is well and full of good health.”
- Thank the cats of the world and the God and Goddess. Perhaps leave treats for the stray cats in your area or leave an offering on your altar for the God and Goddess.
- Stick a red thread into the water. Pull it out of the water.
- Wrap the red thread around the wrist of the afflicted. Tie it into a knot and tell them to wear it at least until the New Moon.
- Cut the red thread off on the New Moon. Toss it into the wind, releasing the illness.
8. Healing Visualization
Visualization is important for all spellcasting, but it’s the basis of this Wiccan healing spell.
To cast this Healing Visualization spell, you’ll only need three items:
- White candle
- Myrrh or frankincense oil
- Photograph of the sufferer
Here’s how to perform the Healing Visualization:
- Carve the afflicted person’s name into a white candle. Anoint the candle with three drops of myrrh or frankincense oil.
- Breathe deeply until you are in a state of relaxation. This may take anywhere from five minutes to half an hour — don’t rush the process.
- Hold the unlit candle in your hands, in front of your heart. Visualize healing energy moving from the top of your head, into your body, and through your hands, into the candle.
- Say the following words as you visualize the energy pulsating into the candle: “In the name of the Divine — Goddess and God — consecrate this candle. Charge this candle. Make this candle a magickal healing tool to breathe new, healthy life into [NAME].”
- Put the candle on top of the photograph of the sufferer. Light the candle while concentrating on the person in the photo.
- Say, while you concentrate on the person, the following words: “[NAME] was ill, but ill no more! This magick heals [HIM/HER/THEM] to the core! As the candle burns, my words heal, good health returns, so make it real!” Repeat the phrase three times.
- Allow the candle to burn out on its own. If you cannot remain with the lit candle, douse it with wet fingers and continue the spell later, allowing the candle to burn out on its own.
9. Amplified Healing Spell
This healing spell utilizes two different colored candles, a charged crystal, and “hot” essential oils to amplify the power of the spell.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Photograph of the sufferer
- Fireproof candle plate
- White candle
- Purple candle
- Cleansed and charged clear quartz
- Cinnamon oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Peppermint oil
To cast this spell for health, perform the following steps:
- Place the photograph of the afflicted person on the candle plate. Set the candle plate in the center of your altar.
- Grab the cleansed, charged clear quartz. Hold it in your hands to warm it. As you hold the quartz, envision sending healing, loving energy into the crystal.
- Set the crystal on top of the picture. Imagine the healing energy flowing from the quartz into the photograph.
- Anoint the white and purple candle with a drop of each oil. The white candle represents purity and healing. The purple candle represents the strength of your spirit, thus amplifying your power during the spell. The oils are “hot” oils, which also contribute to the power of the spell.
- Set up the candles on opposite sides of the photograph. Light them.
- Close your eyes and visualize the candles forming a protective barrier around the person in the photograph. The warmth of the flames is creating a white, healing light, transforming any negative energies into positive, healing power.
- Open your eyes and watch as the reflection of the flames bounces off of the quartz. Imagine the light flowing from the quartz and into the photograph. They’re now healthy and filled with energy and overall wellness.
- Speak aloud the following incantation: “With this spell, I send love, light, and healing energy to [NAME]. Send this energy and protection to [NAME] at the speed of light. This magickal energy and vitality cleanses all of their illness and brings about an overall sense of goodness and well-being. So mote it be!”
- Let the candles burn out on their own. If you cannot sit with the candle until it burns out, snuff it out with wet fingers and burn them outdoors at least five miles from your home.
During this spell, you may also direct your energy to heal a specific ailment. For example, if you or your friend is suffering from stomach pain, imagine the healing light rushing to the stomach area, filling out the abdominal cavity, and forcing the pain out. You may repeat the same visualization with head pain, joint pain, toothaches, and so on.
11. Pineapple Potion
To fight off a cold, flu, or another virus, try this Pineapple Potion. This is especially useful if the ailment is accompanied by a cough or congestion, or pain due to inflammation.
This Pineapple Potion not only utilizes magick, but also a bit of proven science. In fact, many Wiccans and witches believe that magickal energy has scientific relevance; we’re just waiting for science to prove it.
Pineapple juice is the only major dietary source of bromelain, an enzyme with anti-inflammatory properties that may relieve not one, but many health issues. It may thin mucus allowing for easier expulsion, break down blood clots, treat mild asthma, and even aid in digestion.
Before trying this potion, however, check with your doctor to make sure it’s a remedy that’s safe to try, especially if you’re currently taking medication. See our disclaimers for further information.
To mix up one batch of this potion, you’ll need:
- 1 cup (237 mL) fresh pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- A few leaves of fresh lemon balm
- A few leaves of peppermint or spearmint
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (black pepper may be used as a substitute)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Make the potion using these directions:
- Heat up the pineapple juice on the stove. Use low heat and do not allow it to boil.
- Add the chopped ginger, lemon balm, and mint. Allow the mixture to steep for about five to ten minutes on low heat.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Add honey, cayenne, and sea salt.
- Stir well. Allow the honey to melt completely.
- Strain the mixture over a glass with a lid. Squeeze out the excess liquid to get it all.
Drink ¼ cup (59 mL) up to three times per day. The recipe makes about four servings. Do not offer this Pineapple Potion to children under one year old, as raw honey is dangerous for infants.
Things To Keep in Mind Before Performing Healing Magick
It’s completely human to want to help others when they’re hurt or bothered by some ailment or another — however, not everyone wants to be helped when they’re injured or ill. In severe cases, such as the terminally ill, these people may be ready to pass into the Spirit World and may not want assistance at all. This is why it’s important to ask permission before performing any healing spell or ritual.
Additionally, magick should never be used as a replacement for medical care. This is potentially dangerous. Magick should only be used alongside medical care to provide general assistance and help ease any discomfort and pain. Therefore, always seek medical care before seeking out healing rituals.
- The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine: Using a Randomized Controlled Trial to Investigate Pagan Spell-Casting as a Form of Noncontact Healing
- Color Meanings: 7 Best Colors for Healing
- Learn Religions: Paganism and Wicca – Healing Magic
- The Scotsman: 9 Charms, Spells, and Cures Used by Highland Witches
- Wicca Now: Healing Spell
- WebMD: Pineapple Juice – Are There Health Benefits?